Primary Office Location: Memorial Regional Medical Center
Primary Hospital: Memorial Regional Medical Center
Certifications: Internal Medicine 2010, Gastroenterology 2014
Dr. Jonathan Gaspar grew up in Virginia’s Northern Neck and graduated from the University of Virginia with a B.A. in Cognitive Science. Strong positive influences from his father and grandfather, both physicians, combined with a love for patient care, made his decision to pursue a career in medicine an easy one. After college Dr. Gaspar went on to earn his medical degree at the Medical College of Virginia, where he also met his wife, Shakun Gupta, who is now a pediatrician. He then went to Chicago for seven years and completed an internal medicine residency, where he was also elected chief resident. He then completed his Fellowship in Gastroenterology. During his fellowship, he was selected as the Department of Medicine Fellow of the Year both in 2012 and 2013.
Following his training, Dr. Gaspar was selected for an Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship at the University of Virginia. During this year he developed expertise in ERCP, Endoscopic Ultrasound with fine needle aspiration, luminal stenting, and advanced polypectomy/EMR for large polyps in the colon and throughout the GI tract. After two years in private practice in Northern Virginia, he has returned to Richmond.
Dr. Gaspar’s interests in GI include disorders of the pancreas and biliary systems, endoscopic management of GI cancers, gastrointestinal polyps, Barrett’s esophagus, peptic ulcer disease, GI bleeding, and colorectal cancer screening.
Request an Appointment with Dr. Jonathan Gaspar
- Endoluminal Stent Placement
- Endoscopic Botox Injection
- Endoscopic Dilation
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Esophageal Manometry
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy Exam
- Over-the-Scope Clip (OTSC)
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Radiofrequency Ablation of Barrett’s Esophagus (HALO RFA)
- Single Balloon Enteroscopy
- Video Capsule Endoscopy (Pillcam)